Service Desk Analyst – 2nd Line required for my global client based in central London.
This will be an initial 3 month contract and my client is looking immediately.
The roles themselves are focused on deployment/refresh of Windows 7 throughout our organisation
The successful candidate will provide 2nd line technical support for 2,500 staff globally for my client. This critical role is combines telephone and desk side support covering shifts between 08:00 and 21:00 Monday to Friday and 11:00 to 19:00 Sunday. The 2nd Line team to operates to demanding SLAs set by the Business and strives to exceed customer expectations wherever possible.
- Provide 2nd line telephone support by diagnosing and resolving customer issues while tracking and recording the problem using call logging system.
- To ensure that customers are provided with regular updates on fault diagnosis prior to resolution and follow up that the customer is fully satisfied.
- Escalate support queries to appropriate IT teams to ensure timely resolution.
- Support the continual improvement in the levels of 2nd Line support offered by the Service Desk, utilising data and feedback from the customer or Business.
- To possess 1st class technical knowledge and demonstrate excellent customer service.
- Understand the full range of services that the Service Desk provides and prioritise team workload.
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of the businesses and support priorities.
- Liaise with globally distributed Service Desk staff to maintain consistently good support for all staff.
- Work on a shift rota Sunday (11:00 to 19:00) and Monday to Friday (08:00 to 21:00) to ensure cover is maintained.
- Ability to maintain a good working relationship with other IT Departments.
- Participate in projects to maintain a fit for purpose standard operating environment.
- Contribute to the continual service improvement of Desktop services.
- Good understanding of IT service support procedures.
- Good understanding of common business applications.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows XP/Macintosh 10+ backed by accredited training.
- Familiarity with Windows 7
- Proven ability to support remote customers across different devices i.e. desktop, laptop, mobile, tablet, Mac etc.
- Excellent knowledge of Active Directory administration.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Good communication skills, ability to understand customer issues and resolve them quickly and efficiently.
- Good attention to detail.
- Excellent desk-side manner.
- Pro-active approach to work.
- Professional outlook and presentation.
- Strong customer service focus.
Strong team player keen to learn and contribute